Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chess Club Tournament

I finally got back to playing some tournament chess this past weekend.  It was an unrated event where the chess clubs from the area got together and played against each other in a swiss style event.  

For this event, a decision was made to allow 2 teams from New Hampshire to play.  I'm not sure why that was done, but chess is chess.  It was an impressive showing knowing how small many of the events have been over the past few years.  Our team ended in a tie for 1st place, winning on tiebreaks.  As for me, I was overall very happy with my results.  After not playing in an event since last September I really wasn't expecting much from my performance.  I did lose my last round game, but I felt like I played well the entire event.  I'm sure I was still a bit rusty, and my last round opponent was rated >2000, so maybe that means there's hope for me yet!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Ed.

1 comment:

おかま said...

おかまが可愛すぎて困る!女の子よりかわいい「男の娘」との純粋な出会いを応援するコミュニティサイトです!女性より女性らしい女装男子たちと出会ってみませんか?