Thursday, May 08, 2008

Through the joy and pain that living brings...

When I got home from work today I played WOW for a bit. I got my fishing skill on my priest to 375! If that doesn't sound exciting to you, I must admit, it's not. You sit at the computer and watch your fishing bobber... for up to 22 seconds per cast... and when it bobs, you right click on it. Rinse and repeat... a lot.

After that, I got bored pretty quick. I know - how come that wasn't boring? Anyhow, I decided to play a few games of chess. I saw an 1824 player looking for a game so I took up the match. Since my rating is only a little over 100 points higher, and as I keep saying, I'm rusty, I thought it would be a good match. Truth be told, I was a little nervous and excited about the game. I know, lame again. Anyway, here's the game in its entirety:

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 g6 5.Nc3 Bg7 6.Be3 Nf6 7.f3 O-O 8.Bc4 Qb6 9.Nd5 Nxd5 white resigns.

He must have been pretty upset at himself after that game, because I immediately got another match request from him. I took a chance and accepted. It took me a few seconds to convince myself, but if someone wants a rematch I usually try to give them one.

The 2nd game turned out to be a lot of fun. The first 12 moves I slowly built up a minor positional edge, then he blundered away a pawn by what was probably an oversight. I continued to build on the advantage and on move 29, being 2 pawns down and positionally busted, he resigned. I didn't get a rematch after that game.

Have a good one!

Ed.

No comments: