Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Not even close

I haven't been playing as much WOW during the week lately. Usually, within about an hour, I'm done. Maybe it's a good thing. We'll see.

Tonight I did play 2 games of chess (G/15) against an opponent rated about 500 points lower than I. I had been playing against one of the computers on the ICC rated a little lower than me, so I thought it would be fun to play against another person. So I put the match command out there, and this is who I got. Anyway, the first game I won in 12 moves. Ouch. He matched me again right after so we played another game. 22 moves. I may be a bit rusty... but not 500 points rusty. Apparently not even close.

Then I played in a 5-game tournament G/1 (Yes, game in 1-minute). I was one of the lower bullet rated players in the tournament (I'm not very good at playing that fast). I finished 2/5, so it wasn't terrible considering.

My back is much better tonight as well. Thankfully it slowly got better as the day went on. I was really dreading having something like that last for days or longer while it slowly worked it's way out.

I hope you're having a great week!

Ed.

No comments: